Wednesday 20 March 2019

Tried starting my bike yesterday after outdoor winter storage. Won't start.


My bike is a 2003 Yamaha YZF600R (Thundercat). I took off the cover, put my key in to "on", heard the fuel pump prime, squeezed in the clutch and as soon as I pressed the ignition button I hear a loud "CLACK!"Subsequent re attempts are met with a loud click at the push of the ignition, but the engine does not turn.Anyone have an idea what happened? Is this relatively an easy fix or am I SOL?Also, the only thing I've done for winter storage prep was adding fuel stabilizer. I did also notice a faint smell of gasoline when I took the cover off if that helps. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/b3c7ux/tried_starting_my_bike_yesterday_after_outdoor/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment