Monday 4 May 2020

I’ve always been a car guy... motorcycles have changed my life!


I’m only 18, 19 very soon. I’ve always grown up around cool cools, my dads an old school guy. He’s owned so many class cars, challengers, corvettes, Chevy’s, you name it, if it’s before the 70’s and American he’s owned it. So, naturally, I’ve grown into the love of cars like my dad. However, not old school, although I appreciate them I never had a love for them, I liked the JDM scene... ALOT!In fact I always wished for a Toyota supra at some point in my life, and don’t get me wrong, I still do. BUT, there’s a big but...When I turned 18 I bought myself my very first vehicle, I’m impulsive as F*CK and I was on holiday in Greece at the time and stumbled across a motorbike ad online. That was it, we was at the restaurant and I put it out on the table and said I want a motorbike.I never liked them, never looked at them going past, never thought of them in my life before, cars was my thing and nothing could change that. Fuck a motorbike, I want a 2JZ engine with twin turbo and a huge backfire kit installed!I still have no idea what made me interested in motorcycles that night, but I’m thankful for it. My dad rode huge bikes when he was as young as 5 with his dad, and he naturally become a fan of the idea... not so much my mum though ahaha!Anyway, I didn’t think much of it after that until we was back at home and my dad said he found a supermoto for sale, great specs and a steal of a price, I agreed to pay half and he would pay half and the next day he picked it up and brought it back to his work.About a week after I went to look at, never have I ever seen a motorcycle the way I saw mine that day. it seriously changed my life. The moment I saw it I fell in love. The second I sat on it with my dad by my side showing me what to do I had the most excitement I felt in years, I struggle with a lot of mental issues and I’m never happy. This was the first time since I was a very young kid I ever felt this feeling.I rode it around in first gear (I was too scared to go more than that and wasn’t confident in doing so lol) around my dads work garage for hours on end, at that point I knew it was hooked.Weeks go by after practising and I went for my CBT, I have terrible anxiety and it’s not something I’d consider but the love for riding my bike made that completely disappear that day, never would I ever of thought I could’ve handled that day the way I did!I passed, first try. Not hard I know but I passed!I got insured and what not and it was time for the road. I was so scared to say the least, I had terrible tunnel vision and my legs would literally shake so much, about a week I was like this. It got to the point I was so anxious going out on it I really felt like selling the bike and saying it’s not for me, IM SO GLAD I DIDNT!I’ve been riding for 2/3 months now, and it’s changed my life. Seriously.My motorbike has given me happiness I’ve never felt before in my life, it gives me excitement I’ve never experienced before. I’ve been addicted to many drugs before, and this is something else! The rush I get, the adrenaline when I open her up and hear the nasty exhaust popping off, the satisfaction I get when I clean my bike and could sit there looking at it for hours on end. It’s truly so amazing.It’s helped me out so much, whenever I feel depressed or anxious or whatever it may be, my first instinct isn’t drugs now, it’s “get me the f*ck on my bike” it’s fixed unhealthy habits for me. it’s given me something to live for, it’s given me a real hobby for the first time ever in my life, and that’s not an exaggeration!My bike is everything to me, I love it, I could marry it. The love I have is second to none. I’m so proud and happy with myself for not giving up, I’m so happy I made this impulsive decision, I’m so happy I took the risk I was so uncomfortable with because for the first time in my life it’s shown me that it really can pay off!I just wanted to share to everyone who rides here, from someone who never used to understand... I can finally say, I understand!And to everyone out there thinking about getting one, or maybe hesitant about doing so... please, believe me, just go for it. Do your test, get a bike and see for yourself the joys it can bring.It’s changed my life and I’ll never be able to live without one in my life again! Please, go with your heart and learn to ride. It’ll be the best decision you EVER MAKE, I promise!Love to all my fellow riders out there, and remember be safe! Always wear your gear, and remember... In life there’s always 1 down, and 5 up! ;) via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/gdmjgy/ive_always_been_a_car_guy_motorcycles_have/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment