Monday 9 March 2020

Every time I think I'm done with the beginner shit...


...I find a way to surprise myself...Today I celebrated my spring break with some back roads cruising.After a few hours of fun, coffee shop stops, and errand-running, I was feeling pretty pleased with myself. And then I found myself at a steep uphill stoplight.You'll never guess what happened next.I've actually never had a problem with steep hill starts. My area is very hilly; I do it a lot. And yet. The moment the light turned green every brain cell simply switched off. I suddenly panicked, let the clutch out without enough gas, rolled backwards, stalled, and then finally lurched off. The kind driver behind me just sat there like, "by all means; I'll wait," as I floundered about.Oh, the shame! I've been riding since November (took February off for servicing) and every time I think I'm done having these special moments another one sneaks up on me. This was particularly bad and it keeps playing over in my head. I felt a need to confess my disgrace somehow, so thanks for reading, and I hope you all conclude your next ride with your pride intact. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/fg7lu8/every_time_i_think_im_done_with_the_beginner_shit/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment