Sunday 15 March 2020

Bike running issue


03 Yamaha YZF600R(Thundecat) Went for a ride, bike ran normal for 100 miles then engine died suddenly. I pulled over, cycled the key to listen for fuel pump and heard it clicking like it's normally done the whole time I've owned the bike. I hit the starter and it fired up, I let it idle while it put my helmet and gloves back on then rode a few miles before it died again, cycled key, fired up. Repeat that several times to get to a safe place and have towed it home.I first thought fuel pump, but it doesnt spudder out and die. It's a carb bike so the fuel in the bowls as well as the line would keep it running.What I think is the igniter unit is failing. Other then that I'm not sure.Anyone have any ideas? via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/fj2esf/bike_running_issue/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment