Monday 12 August 2019

Learned a valuable lesson - check your gear


I have been riding for a few years now and about half the time I’m with a group and the other half I am on my own. Last week I took a solo 800 mile round trip drive to Montana from Utah. Everything went great and I got home just fine, but the next morning I awoke to a flat rear tire. I picked up a nail somewhere along the way.It made me realize that even though I have emergency tools I didn’t have anything for my tires. I have since bought and successfully used a tire plug kit. Now I’m just waiting till I get my new tire on Thursday.This summer I have put on 2000+ solo miles and I’ve had Lady Luck as my passenger, this is just a reminder to rethink and double check your gear.Sometimes in my drives I lose phone service, but I always tell my wife my destination and the most likely route (sometimes the wind blows me in a different direction) and try to update her on my progress as she gets a little nervous when I’m alone. Solo is my favorite way to ride. Just me, my thoughts, my bike and the road. Oh, and the bugs.Safe riding friends. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/cpo5uz/learned_a_valuable_lesson_check_your_gear/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment