Monday, 15 April 2019

Guy Martin Interview - translated and transcribed

https://twitter.com/btsportmotogp/status/1117500300414410757

Youtube mirror: shortened unfortunately - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL8gbVZBdbc&feature=youtu.be


Hodgson: What do you make of the circus that is MotoGP?


Martin: Eeeeerm, I just need to get my eye in really (I need to have a look at everything/get to know it), I'm here to get my eye in.

The racing is amazing isn't it, I just wanted to come and see what's happening with the um, technology side of things, because i'm right into um, but it's not is it, it's not, but it's (temporarily distracted), the racing's amazing but yeah, I just want to see a bit of pushing of the boundaries. But it's not happening is it.

But there's some bloody lovely, lovely motorbikes, I was just having a look around them, eh, Aprillia's earlier. I just thought that was a doctored (upgraded) RSVR road bike, but it's not is it? That's a..


Hodgson: (interrupting) That's a full on, prototype MotoGP. What would...


Martin: (interrupting) Do you know the way they're running the twin selector shafts?


Hodgson: I love that!


Martin: They pre-engage (gesticulating)


Hodgson: (vacant stare) You've already lost me....


Martin: But that's, yeah, that's great because that was, what, 15 year ago in Formula One. Great, great, but that's yeah, a bit old that isn't it.

Like the eh, the aero thing, the aero thing. That's like 50 year old Formula One technology, but you know, it's great isn't it, it is..


Hodgson: (interrupting) I'm confused... Are you enjoying it, or not? (laughing)


Martin: I'm like a rabbit in the headlights mate (shocked/stunned/dazzled), I was honestly just, yeah, looking, just, yeah I wanna get a closer look at these erm, these Ducati's, I brought my camera with me, I just want to see things since the Audi got involved on it they've sort of pushed it along a bit further, haven't they?

But they're still going with the desmo job aren't they, (the Ducati Desmosedici engine) they're still desmodromic..


Hodgson: (interrupting) Exactly...


Martin: (carrying on talking regardless) But they've gone with that and it's just a bit... And what are they revving at? Is there a rev limit in this class?


Hodgson: Erm, um, er, yeah (cut off)


Martin: (talking over Hodgson) I know that there's an 81mm bore limit, ain't there.


Hodgson: (looking bemused) ...yeah


Martin: Which is like, 81/59 or something like that, so that's, but, I don't know if there's an RPM limit, but I know where (cut off)


Hodgson: Listen.. Guy... Just get over there (pointing at Ducati) and ask them, they'll tell you. I'll go do some work.


Martin: (already walking off looking at the bike with his thumb up)



Bonus Guy, for the lols: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0RzZvHiX8g

https://twitter.com/btsportmotogp/status/1117500300414410757Youtube mirror: shortened unfortunately - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL8gbVZBdbc&feature=youtu.beHodgson: What do you make of the circus that is MotoGP?Martin: Eeeeerm, I just need to get my eye in really (I need to have a look at everything/get to know it), I'm here to get my eye in.The racing is amazing isn't it, I just wanted to come and see what's happening with the um, technology side of things, because i'm right into um, but it's not is it, it's not, but it's (temporarily distracted), the racing's amazing but yeah, I just want to see a bit of pushing of the boundaries. But it's not happening is it.But there's some bloody lovely, lovely motorbikes, I was just having a look around them, eh, Aprillia's earlier. I just thought that was a doctored (upgraded) RSVR road bike, but it's not is it? That's a..Hodgson: (interrupting) That's a full on, prototype MotoGP. What would...Martin: (interrupting) Do you know the way they're running the twin selector shafts?Hodgson: I love that!Martin: They pre-engage (gesticulating)Hodgson: (vacant stare) You've already lost me....Martin: But that's, yeah, that's great because that was, what, 15 year ago in Formula One. Great, great, but that's yeah, a bit old that isn't it.Like the eh, the aero thing, the aero thing. That's like 50 year old Formula One technology, but you know, it's great isn't it, it is..Hodgson: (interrupting) I'm confused... Are you enjoying it, or not? (laughing)Martin: I'm like a rabbit in the headlights mate (shocked/stunned/dazzled), I was honestly just, yeah, looking, just, yeah I wanna get a closer look at these erm, these Ducati's, I brought my camera with me, I just want to see things since the Audi got involved on it they've sort of pushed it along a bit further, haven't they?But they're still going with the desmo job aren't they, (the Ducati Desmosedici engine) they're still desmodromic..Hodgson: (interrupting) Exactly...Martin: (carrying on talking regardless) But they've gone with that and it's just a bit... And what are they revving at? Is there a rev limit in this class?Hodgson: Erm, um, er, yeah (cut off)Martin: (talking over Hodgson) I know that there's an 81mm bore limit, ain't there.Hodgson: (looking bemused) ...yeahMartin: Which is like, 81/59 or something like that, so that's, but, I don't know if there's an RPM limit, but I know where (cut off)Hodgson: Listen.. Guy... Just get over there (pointing at Ducati) and ask them, they'll tell you. I'll go do some work.Martin: (already walking off looking at the bike with his thumb up)Bonus Guy, for the lols: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0RzZvHiX8g http://ifttt.com/images/no_image_card.png

No comments:

Post a Comment