Friday 16 August 2019

1979 CB750K Leaking gas from gas tube leading in to carbs


I did it. I refreshed the charging system. Overhauled the controls. Fluids. Pads. Cleaned the tank. Cleaned her up. Overhauled the carbs. Put the carbs in. Filled her with gas. And...leak.Gas leaking from the bottom of the left two carbs as it sits on its side stand with what looks like it originating from the gas tube that leads in to the carburetor. You can wiggle the tube left and right which doesn't seem normal- it is a copper pipe that the petcock fuel line runs to. I am not quite sure what to do with it and was just a touch deflated as I was so close to starting it! Anyway, a project is never done. I am tearing the carb back out tomorrow morning and curious if anyone has seen this before and has a lead. I ordered a set of carburetor o-rings hoping there is one in there that is shot, but I really have no idea and the shop manual doesn't show much detail for that part.Any tips would be lovely. Wish me luck. via /r/CafeRacers https://www.reddit.com/r/CafeRacers/comments/crg70w/1979_cb750k_leaking_gas_from_gas_tube_leading_in/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment