Sunday 22 July 2018

To grease or not to grease?


So I'm pretty technical and service all my toys/cars/bikes myself... figured I'm semi-knowledgable... But after watching a lot of Dave Moss videos I notice things I've been doing incorrectly...Example: lubricating the slide pin for the brake pads.... Apparently that's a big "No No" because it just catches dust/dirt. But you do need to clean all the brake components on a pretty regular basis...So now I'm questioning if I'm 'over greasing' my bike.... specifically the wheel axles.... every-time I mount my wheels I'll clean the axles and reapply a generous amount of grease... but I notice when I see bikes in the pits getting a wheel swap...that axle is spotless... no grease...?To me it makes sense... lubricate anywhere there is some type of friction/movement... I lubricate everything... the hinge on the levers... hinges on my foot controls... everything..But if this unnecessary and problematic... I'd like to stop wasting my time...Other than engine oil and the chain.... should I just not lubricate anything else on the bike and stick to keeping everything just very clean? via /r/Trackdays https://www.reddit.com/r/Trackdays/comments/911hoj/to_grease_or_not_to_grease/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment