Thursday 2 May 2019

How much of your body weight should go through your arms into the handlebar while turning in?


One school of thought says handlebar is only for steering input and you should keep your body weight off it. Another school of thought says put weight on your front tire, one ass cheek off the saddle, knee out, and shift your body weight before entering the turn. The catch is, if I am not seated centered in the saddle, it is impossible to grip the tank with my legs and I inevitably have to use my arms to hold myself up.​I have tried exaggerated versions both of methods. Rode around corners with absolutely no weight on the handlebars, and also deliberately shifted as much weight I could through the handlebars without compromising control. It seems like weighing the front wheel gives me confidence to enter turns faster. Mid corner, I can drop my body lower and use the tank for support with my arm while I am (poorly) emulating Marquez; and keep a lot of weight off it.​So, is the first school of though wrong? Or, am I setting myself up for a crash by putting so much weight on the handlebar? via /r/Trackdays https://www.reddit.com/r/Trackdays/comments/bjs625/how_much_of_your_body_weight_should_go_through/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment