Wednesday 20 March 2019

Haven't tracked yet, but I have some questions about fairings


Hey guys,I've been riding for a while and want to do track. I picked up an 07 GSXR600 for $2700 and it's in good shape except for the fairings. I don't want to go with track fairings since I want the bike to be street ridden too (have a F800ST as well, but the GSXR is fun). I also don't want to spend $700 on OEM fairings if I can help it. I'm wondering how few fairings I can get away with or if the chinese plastics work decent enough?I plan on getting sliders, spindles and taping everything up as well as probably getting some tank guards (rubber for tank edges) and maybe front spindles too to add a tiny bit of protection. Obviously there is no way to plan for a crash, but I'm wondering if I can get away with just a tail fairing, tank and front fairing with no side or lower fairings or if those are necessary. If chinese fairings are fine, I'll just get a set of those. It's proving difficult to find decent rashed ones since the 07 GSXR has some flimsy fairings to begin with and even a small crack or broken piece renders them almost useless.Thanks in advance!TL;DR - How few fairings do I need to be on the track if I have sliders and such. via /r/Trackdays https://www.reddit.com/r/Trackdays/comments/b3eady/havent_tracked_yet_but_i_have_some_questions/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment