Friday 22 February 2019

Not sure what to do!


I have been riding sport bikes on the street for about 10 years. I've always wanted to do track days but I've never really had the free income to allow me to do it. Well that has changed and I'm ready to get started....only now I don't know what to do about my current situation.Recently (6 months) I purchased a beautiful 2010 Aprilia RSV4. I love the bike and it rides like a dream. However after reading many posts on this sub reddit I know that most suggest a 600 for price/repairs/tire replacement, etc. as well as rider education when it comes to ripping around an actual track as a beginner. So here is my dilemma. I still owe approx. $5k on the Aprilia. Should I just ride what I have and take the chances on learning on a liter bike, or trade in/sell it and look towards getting a dedicated track 600? I understand this would put me in a corner of selling a street legal bike that I could still ride for fun, and purchasing a track only bike, but I struggle to find time with 2 kids to frequent riding casually so I'm willing to give that up for dedicated track days. Thanks for any help or advice!! via /r/Trackdays https://www.reddit.com/r/Trackdays/comments/atp58y/not_sure_what_to_do/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment