Saturday 23 February 2019

Biker friends..


Alright, I've been meaning to post this story for a while, but was not sure it would be appreciated here or not, but since it's about bikes and biker friends, I thought it's worth a shot. At least it's a nice story about true friendship, my friends!See, I am somewhat of a bike collector. Not that I have a lot of money and buy exclusive or even special bikes; I'm a huge sucker for fixer uppers and can never say no to a cheap bike that has some work needed done on it. I'm not a professional mechanic, but I get around fixing most problems I encounter.​One sunny day last summer I was supposed to have a BBQ with two friends; one biker friend, one regular friend. I call him a biker friend, but he doesn't have a bike; he's just very much into them and likes to help me mess about with them. He doesn't ride, but he has the passion. On this nice summery day I decided to buy yet another bike, the owner told me that if I could fix it (it wouldn't start) he'd give it to me for a hundred bucks. It was a bright purple and green Ninja, '95 or something. I thought it was at least worth a shot. I let me friends know I was heading over to this town to check out and possibly buy the bike, but that my battery was low so I couldn't call them when I'd know around what time I'd be home so I told them to come to my place around 19:00, I'd surely be home by then, right? Wrong.​I couldn't fix the bike, so eventually I thanked the man for the coffee, his time and help and walked back to the bus station. I had lost track of time a little and would not be home before 20:00. My two friends were both waiting at my place, but they couldn't reach me nor get into my house, so around 19:30 the non biker friend had waited long enough and went home, we'd have a BBQ some other day. The biker friend didn't go home; instead he drove over to the market, bought a cold sixpack of beer on got on his way.He drove his car all the way to the town I was in before, trying to fix the bike. He figured I most have bought a piece of shit bike again and it probably broke down. So he went to the center of that town and from there drove back to my house along the route he thought I would take. He knows I don't like highways because they are boring, so he drove back along the back roads, the scenic route. He brought that cold six pack of beer because he figured I must have been pushing the bike along my way home because I could not contact anyone with my now dead cellphone. In reality I just got on the bus back home.​When I came home around 20:15 and charged my phone I called him, because he sent me a text saying that he was out looking for me and to give him a call when I could. He was about halfway when I got a hold of him and he explained what he was doing. Now we've been friends for many years, but that fact he thought I must have bought a piece of shit bike, knew exactly what route I would take home from a town we've never been in before AND brought cold beer because he knew I was going to be pissed off kind of baffled me.He quit his search, took the highway for the remainder of the miles and we still had that BBQ :)Just a nice story I wanted to share.Ride safe! via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/atvh58/biker_friends/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment