Sunday 22 July 2018

R6 Body Positioning


Switched to an 09 R6 from an SV650 last year, but struggling to get the same laptimes on the R6. One thing I'm struggling with is getting into position under braking. I've been told my actual position is great but I'm getting into it far too late.Wondering in terms of front to back, where you guys have your ass on the seat when cornering? At the moment I've got myself against the tank under braking, then as I tip in I'm sliding my ass back and off the seat. Feedback I've got is that this is unsettling the bike somewhat and giving me too much to do when I should be focusing on the actual cornering.I've tried sliding back earlier under braking but I can't brace myself while braking that hard without being against the tank.Should I forget the sliding backwards part and just keep my torso forward on the bike (+ off to the side)? I'm relatively tall (6'1, but light) and I just feel I'd be over the screen and way too front-weighted. Any advice? via /r/Trackdays https://www.reddit.com/r/Trackdays/comments/912733/r6_body_positioning/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment