Tuesday 24 July 2018

I think I finally understand the reasoning for needing a 1000cc bike...


For years I have been reading reddit threads saying that 300cc bikes are not enough for US highways (even though 250s and 300s can and happily do 125+kmh easily)I am currently in New Orleans and drove from Ontario, Canada (I took the car) but started to notice things right away.Lanes on the highway: Everywhere else in the world I have driven (Canada, France, Spain, Switzerland, etc...) when there is a 2 lane highway 1 lane is the driving lane, and 1 lane is the passing lane.In the US...this isnt the case. The highway is a 70mph zone, and people are happily sitting in the left lane doing 55mph. I have passed more people in the right lane than the damn left. People aimlessly swerve randomly between lanes all the time. Hence the want for ROLL ON.On ramps: Nobody in the country seems to understand that those on ramps are required to get up to speed before merging.Doing 35mph on the onramp then moving all the way over to the far left lane is just stupid.So on a motorcycle I get it. Just give it a handful of throttle to get around these mcCunts.Truckers: In Canada trucks are governed to 60mph. They stay in the right lane almost all the time. NOT in the US. Those motherfuckers are either doing 45mph or 80mph and happily weave in and out of traffic slowing people down all the time.Texting: Seriously...how is anyone in the country even still alive. I kept count over a 300km period (because I was bored) and out of ever 10 cars that passed me, 7 of them were texting or on their phone. Wtf. In Canada thats a huge fine and 3 demerits.So I think I get it. When I read about people needing more HP and Torque on a bike for safety.This entire country cant fucking drive. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/91kl9a/i_think_i_finally_understand_the_reasoning_for/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment