Thursday 7 May 2020

Started with one CB550 at the start of the year, today I have two. Guess I'm a collector now.


I made a post a couple days ago about not having any luck with sellers responding to my messages, here's the update.Here's a picture of bothI picked up the bratted out garnet brown one ('76 CB550k) earlier this year (My first bike), and while it's tons of fun around town, that seat breaks my ass after about 20 miles. I picked up the green one ('75 CB550k) today so I have something more comfortable to ride on long trips (I'm planning a Michigan to New Orleans ride as soon as the quarantines lifted).I wasn't even planning on getting another CB, I'd been looking at Vstroms and KLR's, but then this popped up in the for sale list, and I'm a sucker for 70's CB's. I was riding it home 10 hours after it was initially posted for sale.It runs pretty well, but it's got a few things I need to work out, the starter button fell out when I got home, so I just keep it in my pocket, pop it in to start, and put it back in my pocket. There's also a weird rubbing noise coming from the front end, it's not a squeaking like brake pads, it's more of a whirring rubbing sound that keeps pace with my speed.I'll be digging into it more in the next week, along with some tune ups (oil change/spark plugs etc.) via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/gf1lnb/started_with_one_cb550_at_the_start_of_the_year/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment