Tuesday 5 May 2020

I nearly got replaced with an SUV today on my Grom


i just bought a grom. I love it! 200 miles on it already and I bought it brand new yesterday. Today I was sitting at an intersection next to a snow cone stand with a bench out front for customers. I heard a kid scream “look a motorcycle!” To his siblings as if it was the first time he’d ever laid eyes on the fabled beast. I did a lil wheelie for em as I took off (because I am also a child) and had to turn right immediately after. Someone pulled out of the parking lot in a Tahoe right in front of me (that’s fair I guess, I did kind of zip around the corner) and then merged into the lane right of us. I went to pass and then they realized the right lane was a turning lane only I think so they try to fucking merge into me. I have no idea how they didn’t see me, as I braked slightly when they pulled out in front of me and put a good few car lengths between us, and then slowly accelerated back up behind them. (as if it’s possible to accelerate quickly on a grom)It was scary as hell. I had to ride in the double yellow (screaming at them the whole time, both out of anger and trying to plea with them to not murder me) and then flipped them off (I know, I know road rage bad don’t escalate things, but that person shouldn’t be allowed to drive a house if they can’t see my 6’1 ass behind them in an upright seating position) as I goosed it. They never even pulled right or slowed so I could get back in the proper lane. I just had to gun it around them. They stayed a football field behind me for the rest of the time they followed me.I hope they stub their toe tonight when they wake up to use the bathroom. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/ge8lun/i_nearly_got_replaced_with_an_suv_today_on_my_grom/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment