Tuesday 28 April 2020

Witnessed a bad crash for the first time, a couple safety things I'd like to mention as a result


So I saw a bad crash last week, like really bad. The rider was taken away in an ambulance and I'd give them a 50/50 of pulling through. Regardless of the details, a few things I'd like to say:Gravel - I live in region with pretty intense winters, and even though it's nice and the roads are dry now, there is a lot of gravel and sand from winter road maintenance left on the highways. Please be aware of this.Helmets - the rider was wearing a skull cap. DOT certified sure, but that didn't stop him from getting a chunk of his face skinned to the bone. If you wear one, please reconsider.Gear - I'm an ATGATT sort of guy, and this crash reminded me why. Rider had no gloves, regular jeans, slip on boots, and an old leather jacket. Hands were shredded, boots were nowhere to be seen, and legs were in ROUGH shape. Even the jacket was torn to shreds.That's all I have to say. Be safe, be smart, then go have some fun. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/g9yfw2/witnessed_a_bad_crash_for_the_first_time_a_couple/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment