Friday 24 April 2020

Took a bird to the face today


Today was absolutely gorgeous so I buzzed around town for a few hours. On my way home I was cruising at about 55mph when a bird hit me in it the left side of my visor. It felt like a rock, but of course I knew a rock would have been way worse. The sound was just BAM. Did that really just happen? I'm not sure how I didnt jerk the throttle or anything.I pulled into a gas station about a half mile later. I checked for damage to the helmet but it looked fine except for bird smudge-goo (???) On it. A car pulled in next to me and a guy hopped out and said he saw me hit the bird. So dude, where ever you are thanks for checking to see if I was alright. It was nice chatting with you!I reviewed the video when I got home and damn that poor bird. I'm pretty sure it was either a dove or a pigeon. Luckily I have a full faced helmet, which I totally recommend for protection against birds. I'm definitely sore. I'm pretty sure I've got a minor case off whiplash. So yeah, there's my bird-to-face story. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/g72bc5/took_a_bird_to_the_face_today/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment