Monday 16 March 2020

[Serious] What can I do about my stolen motorcycle?


Hello,So my motorcycle has been stolen this morning and I'm still outraged. Feeling helpless and want to know if there is anything I can do. I live in an upscale condo in Toronto and keep my bike in a basement parking garage three levels down in a designated parking spot. I also have a car that is parked right next to it. There is a security guard 24/7 and cameras everywhere. To go down the garage you need to go through two different gates that open with a fob. This morning around 9:00 AM two guys went downstairs and rolled my bike up three levels of ramps and outside and onto the street where the cameras lost them.My insurance does not have theft coverage as it is very expensive and I opted out of it. The building takes no responsibility. They wouldn't even show me the footage saying it was "confidential". I had to talk to the security guard to see what happened and he was nice enough to help me out. I filed a police report and they are supposed to come and grab the footage but I don't think they will be able to do anything about it.Is there anything I can do about this? What's the point of all the security if two people can just come someone property and nobody lifts a finger. I know I was dumb not to have the wheel lock on but they could've just broken it too. The bike is worth maybe 4k-5k but my girlfriend also has a bike parked there and we don't feel safe anymore.Has anyone gone through the same? Is there anything I can do in this situation?Still outraged that someone just walked out with my bike at 9 AM in broad daylight through three flights of ramps and nobody gives a shit and wants to lift a finger. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/fjuc51/serious_what_can_i_do_about_my_stolen_motorcycle/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment