Tuesday 10 March 2020

Had an awesome day at Laguna Seca


So lucky to have a world class track like Laguna Seca 40 minutes from my house! Really great day, still learning but felt much better and less OHMYGODTOOFAST and even got some passing in.The corkscrew is fucking scary, and its like 4 stories tall. You can't see any of the downhill corner, let alone the apex, so you basically ride off the end of the earth and hope you get it right. The first couple laps were seriously butt puckering.Had a couple of moments myself, once where I dropped down one gear too low while braking and felt the back wheel get squirrely at 60mph, and the much more puckering moment where I missed a downshift and dropped into the corkscrew in NEUTRAL... somehow managed to not panic, not do anything stupid and rolled through it before kicking it back into gear. Both sketchy moments but I felt good I didn't panic and do something stupid.Had some GoPro issues but got one good session in, including one rider crashing right in front of me: https://youtu.be/ivfFXJhRBrI?t=138 via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/fg8uus/had_an_awesome_day_at_laguna_seca/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment