Wednesday 11 March 2020

COVID-19, GF is worried about toilet paper, I'm worried about tires.


You can wipe your ass with rubber but can't race on toilet paper.With all due respect and seriousness given to the pandemic, does anyone think tires are at risk of shortages and price gouging? What would be the first to go? Slicks, race dots? This thing is nowhere near over and international logistics are taking a beating. I'll admit ignorance when it comes to where tires are actually manufactured, but I've noticed track tire stock is always a hit or miss thing. I've only run q3+ and SC DOTs but was gonna upgrade to slicks if things went well this year. Google says Pirelli is owned by a Chinese company, headquartered in Italy, and makes tires all over the place apparently. The new Michelin race dots and motogp tires are reportedly made in the same factory but dunno which one.I have 20+ track days and 2 race weekends on the calendar this year for two bikes. I buy my tires online and do changes at home - cheaper, and I've never really had a good experience with track day tire vendors. Should I dip into the track fund early and stock up now? I guess I could always sell them again later if not needed. U.S. east coast based. via /r/Trackdays https://www.reddit.com/r/Trackdays/comments/fh8w74/covid19_gf_is_worried_about_toilet_paper_im/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment