Thursday 12 March 2020

3rd year riding, not comfortable leaning at speeds > 40 mph.


To put things into context for any readers. This is my 3rd year riding a CBR 250.During the first 2 years I stuck to the backgrounds with the occasional quick parkway ride to jump between areas. I'm extremely comfortable riding at low speeds, constantly feel in control and can maneuver the bike very well in the friction zone. From time to time during the first two years I got the bike up to 50-60 MPH, however, on any turn I would take the turn below the speed limit. If the speed limit on the road was 50, I'd take the turn at 40.With a little more confidence, I've taken the bike up to 65 this year, however, I'm VERY nervous when cornering and EXTREMELY nervous when cornering on a parkway.A couple friends have told me, it's because you're riding a 250 and it's time to graduate to a bigger bike.There's a constant fear inside my head that the bike is going to slip out from under me and at higher speeds I'm very nervous to lean the bike. Meanwhile at 10-25 mph, I'll aggressively lean the bike without any worries.This last week I went out with a few friends and fell very far behind the pack and was getting passed by other cyclist on the road.As a new rider, any suggestions, resources or words of wisdom to help out here?To be honest, this last week got me really disappointed and I'm close to giving up on riding.What keeps me going is when we're on the roads with lower speed limits, I'm always the one pushing the limits. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/fhnvsn/3rd_year_riding_not_comfortable_leaning_at_speeds/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment