Sunday 27 October 2019

succesfully fixed my first engine today!


A friend of mine found a scrapped Suzuki GN125 in the scrapyard, so I took the engine for learning purpose (as it is identical with the GZ125 engine). Disassembled it down to the piston to find out why it wouldn't turn.The outlet valve was absolutely ruined, and there was a piece of metal pressed into the piston. I guess the valveshaft broke off, leaving the valve open, the piston hit the valve, bent the shaft that was left further, and a piece of the base of the valve broke off and fell into the combustion chamber, being embedded into the piston.I disassembled the engine, replaced valve, valve base, valveshaft sealing, and actually managed to adjust timing after forgetting to set marks. Reassembled everything and the engine turns smoothly.I'm just so happy though I have no fucking clue what to do with it now. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/dnzdrj/succesfully_fixed_my_first_engine_today/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment