Wednesday 4 September 2019

MotoSellerBlog is a Scam


I have my motorcycle posted on Craigslist.  I received a suspicious email but I took the bait.  The email went like:Hey there. I would like to speak with you. Any accidents reported on it?If you can, please message me at my personal email instead of here please. I will leave it below for you.  Mail has not been going through consistently on Craigslist and I want to make sure we can get in touch with each other.My email: GregHorn732(at-Gmaìl-com) GregHorn732@gmail.comMaybe check your spam folder also. I know mail can end up in there sometimes. Talk to you soon. Thanks.- GregSent from my iPhoneThe second email after I replied went like:Do you have a current motorcycle history report?If not, I suggest getting one at this website: http://MotoSellerBlog.comThe report is really inexpensive, only $19. Alot cheaper than a Carfax, which is $40. The report will show any major accidents, title issues, if it was stolen, maintenance logs, etc.You will get a lot more interest providing a report up front. Basically, showing that there is nothing to hide with the motorcycle to potential buyers. It definitely helps with speeding up the sale.Let me know if this helps. Thank you.I searched before I replied and didn't find anything.  I'm hoping this stays up and is searchable so nobody else takes the bait.  If this is against the rules, my apologies. I'm not sure if posting an email from a scammer is considered doxxing.    via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/czurph/motosellerblog_is_a_scam/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment