Sunday 8 September 2019

FI light only comes on after it starts ('08 CBR600RR)


2008 Honda CBR600RR with ~13,000 miles.Because the FI light only comes on after the bike starts, I don't believe I can get the FI code unless I take it to a dealership (the dealership nearby is scheduling a month out. Eek.)The bike seems to be operating perfectly fine, it's still fast and smooth. The thing that may be the best clue is that after letting the bike run, if I turn it off, wait a few seconds and turn it back on, it will start, but the rpm's kinda chugg a bit, like it's struggling to get air or something? After 5-10 seconds, it catches back up and performs normally. I have recently put in a new K&N air filter to replace the OEM. I also checked the exhaust servo under the seat and it seems to be performing properly. As far as I'm aware, nothing under the tank is unplugged or disconnected.Anyone have a clue of what else to check? I'm more than happy to take photos/videos of anything that could help solve this issue. Maybe some kind of way to pull the FI codes while the bike is running and the FI light is on? If I have no other option but to take it to the dealer, I'll do it, but I'd rather fix it in my own garage if I can.Thanks in advance! -Leo via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/d1jug8/fi_light_only_comes_on_after_it_starts_08_cbr600rr/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment