Saturday 17 August 2019

I need some help picking out [f] gear. Thanks! :D


I'm curating a list of gear that I want to buy when I'm done saving up for it all. I know exactly what helmet, boots and overpants that I want, but I'm confused about what jacket, gloves and back protector I should get. I'm new to this and don't know anyone even remotely interested in motorcycles. (I'll take the MSF soon but again, gotta save up lol) If anyone could give me some pointers, it'd be highly appreciated!The GlovesKnox Handroid MK4 Gloves - I'm quite terrified of anything happening to my hands because I just happen to use them on a daily basis. How are these?Dainese Steel Pro Gloves - Are these better than the above? They're Staff Picked by RevZilla while Knox isn't.The Jacket - < $300I live in the PNW and am looking for a jacket that can keep me warm during the fall, winter, and spring. I'm coldblooded and the weather is consistently wet/windy in those seasons. I prefer leather, but it's not entirely necessary. My top contender is...Dainese Avro D2 Women's Jacket - much more affordable and it has EN certified deposits!Cortech LNX 2.0 Women's Jacket The leather is thick and removable pads that I can insert with different ones...Alpinestars Stella T-Kira WP Jacket This one is waterproof, but textile. :/Tbh, other than the A* airbag jacket, everything is sort of blending together and I can't tell which ones are better than the other... I like the Cortech, but purchasing shoulder/elbow pads seems expensive compared to just buying the Dainese. Yet Cortech has leather? And there are like a hundred different jackets that seem great too?Summer wise: These seem recommended? I'm not that concerned about summer gear right now though, because by the time I'll start riding is in the fall and winter. Or do yall just suffer through summer with the same jacket you use during the winter?Dainese Air-Frame D1 Women's JacketSpidi Summer Net Women's JacketThe Back Protector - < $150Cortech Latigo Back Protector - It's CE level 2 approved, but I am terribly concerned about the cheap price. Is there some loophole about it that my inexperience is hiding? If not then hells yes this looks awesome! Then again...where the fuck would I put it when I go to work?? Do I take it inside with me? I don't know if I could do that since it's an office.Forcefield Pro Lite K Back Insert For Dainese - If Cortech is weird for some reason, and since I'm most leaning toward the Dianese jacket, I'm considering this back protector. My main concern is that it doesn't have kidney protection tho... via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/cri4oe/i_need_some_help_picking_out_f_gear_thanks_d/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment