
TL:DR - The Yamaha R3 is an awesome bike.So I just finished a 6 day trip from St. Louis to North Carolina, and back. I have a 2015 Yamaha R3 I purchased three years ago. My normal riding partner is the founder of a major Hayabusa collectors group. He invited me to the get together hosted in Robbinsville, NC to ride the Tail of the Dragon and surrounding roads.The day we left it rained on us for about two hours of the 11 hour trip. Our Michelin Road 5’s were awesome in the rain. We rode the Dragon the first full day, and the remaining days we rode the Skyway, Parkway, Moonshiner, and many surrounding roads. I was more than impressed that my bike was able to keep up with the Busa’s. I rode hard and with high revs, and held my own throughout my time.All told, I rode just under 1,800 miles throughout my time there. It was a great experience... a bucket list item, in fact.A bunch of the guys kept asking me when I was going to upgrade. I kept joking that I was keeping up just fine with my 300. And I stand by that. I really do love my bike. And quite honestly, I still feel I’m learning. I’m 34 and don’t need to be in a hurry to jump to a 600, for example. I ride my bike fast, and it’s a blast.So if you made it this far, know that modern smaller displacement bikes are perfectly capable machines. It’s not the bike, it’s the rider.Here’s one of my favorite pics from the trip. We were all riding together, but it’s framed in such a way that I joke that the big bikes are trying to keep up. Haha.https://i.imgur.com/Qw4cVsK.jpg✌🏼Keep the rubber side down, boys and girls! via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/bvt608/i_just_finished_a_trip_from_st_louis_to_north/?utm_source=ifttt
No comments:
Post a Comment