Saturday, 1 June 2019

Can't seem to balance and ride faster than 50km/h after winter break


Hi all! So I'm in bit a pickle and need some help. I have a 2018 cb650f that I bought last year in June, rode almost 6500 km right till the weather got too cold ride here in Ottawa. I've grown up with motorcycles as a kid, dirt bikes and all. Used to bus for the longest time but had to get back into riding last year. I'd say I'm an experienced rider, but not a pro.Anyways I'm super excited to ride again after winter break mid may, and right away I feel somethings not right. Every time I don't concentrate the bike keeps pulling to the left and I get the sensation I'm about to fall when I roll the throttle past 50kmh. It's pretty scary! Wasn't ready for it the first time. If I concentrate super hard I can keep it straight but it takes a lot of effort. It gets scarier the faster I try to go.I live out in the country so in the past few weeks I gave it all I got to get better on the quiet roads. Mind you I was never scared of speeding and had no balance issues whatsoever in the past. Fastest I've ridden is 160kmh ish on the highway when the roads were empty. But now anymore than 50 and I'm not feeling great. It's simply not enjoyable.First I thought it had something to do with the bike itself, and honda was nice enough to tow it to the dealership where I bought it from. They swear that there's nothing wrong with the bike. At least 2 guys, a mechanic and a sales guy. Ended up spending 60 bucks.So my question is has any of you gone through something like this? Do I simply need to learn all over again how to ride? I'm so so lost and I feel super down right now because I had the most amazing time last year. Only thing I can think of is the bike was outside for the winter, covered, rear lifted up using a stand and the front wheel on some wood and maybe the extreme cold had an effect on it. I know bikes are weather proof but winter in Ottawa is no joke. I have warranty on it and everything, just don't know what to do. I would've loved to store it somewhere heated and nice but my financial situation wasn't the best at the time due to some unfortunate events.Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated! All I want is to get back on the saddle and be free :) thanks for reading all the way, love you all! I'm sorry for the long post, there was no other way to explain better. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/bvifv5/cant_seem_to_balance_and_ride_faster_than_50kmh/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment