Monday 29 April 2019

This subreddit saved my life today


Hey friends. Newb here. I've been riding on my first bike, an '07 GS 500, for about 3 weeks now. Because of my job I'm unable to take the safety course and consequently, I spend a lot of my time on this subreddit and in parking lots learning how to be safe on the road. Today it paid off big time.So there I was, approaching a blind curve to the left on a 2 lane road. Speed limit is 55 MPH. Making sure I'm within my ability, I slow it down to 40-45 MPH and look as far ahead as I can while coming around. There it is. Before I'm even out of the curve, I see some asshole in a jeep that's 100 yards out (maybe a little more) passing on a double yellow and coming directly at me. I managed to stay calm and reduce my speed. No one was behind me going into the curve, thank God. The fuckwad finishes passing and all I can really do is shake my head. I'm still furious as I'm writing this.I've started to really feel comfortable on my bike and try hard not to be overly-confident. Reading posts here has seriously taught me a lot and I don't think I'd be writing this without y'all. Thank you so much for existing. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/bivz13/this_subreddit_saved_my_life_today/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment