Wednesday 17 April 2019

NYPD "safety" checkpoints


So I have class in lower Manhattan on Monday and Tuesday every week. This Tuesday and last Tuesday were both nice enough to ride so I took a ride on the Long Island expressway to the midtown tunnel. I get stopped at the same spot both times on 495 right after the grand central. NYPD highway patrol stop a major expressway during rush hour the 1st time to check my half helmet which is DOT legal. They ask for my license and send me on my merry way very shortly. No problems quick and painless.This Tuesday 4/16/19 again I get stopped at the same spot, same time. They ask me again to pull over, okay fine. This time because my visor on my full face is up and they give me at minimum at 85 dollar ticket (haven't checked). Apparently the excuse of, "the reason why my visor is up is because you stopped a major fucking expressway" wasn't good enough excuse.I don't hate cops. I'm on the list of becoming a state trooper but when that cop gave me a ticket I swear I stared into his soul with rage. I've heard of NYPD busting balls for motorcycles but never expected this.TL;DR I'm complaining about a bullshit ticket NYPD highway patrol gave me that they partially caused. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/be66vb/nypd_safety_checkpoints/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment