Sunday 28 April 2019

A friend died today


A friend died today riding his bike.No one hit him, he didn't lose grip, he target fixated on a ramp and hit it at 80 km/h and died... In front of me.No, he didn't wear proper gear, and didn't follow my hand instruction asking him to take it easy and go in slow at the next curve. He wasn't experienced enough, and still decided to pass me.The scene is stuck in my head. I can't get it out, and it's the only thing I can think of.May he rest in peace. He died doing what he loved, but his death could have been avoided. It could have been of minimal damage... but it still happened.I don't know what to think. It's the first time I witness the death of someone in front of me, and dealing with it seems impossible. I chickened out when his parents came to the police station. I couldn't face them. Maybe my hand gesture wasn't clear enough, maybe I am at fault.Guys. Please gear up. Everyone makes mistakes but not wearing your gear is a fatal one. If you don't have what it takes to ride safely, don't ride.For fucks sake. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/bih7sl/a_friend_died_today/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment