Wednesday 20 March 2019

Motorcycle in the City. Advice/Rant


My dad gifted me his 2003 moto guzzi California stone, partially because he has two other bikes and doesn't ride it anymore, and partially because it needed $2500 worth of work. I just got the bike back from the shop February, and I've been SO happy.In the last week I've had to file TWO police reports. One because someone stole my license plate, and another for a hit and run while it was parked. After the license plate was stolen, the officer told me "This is the season for it".A few days later I notice that my turn signals were smashed up. Looked closer, both right turn signals, brake lever, and spark plug was damaged. Along with cosmetic damage and spilled oil. Luckily, my gf was leaving the house right when some jagoff in a box truck knocked it over trying to pass a school bus. She didn't notice it when it happened, but the rear dash cam caught the truck knocking it over, then driving off.The police said that they wouldn't investigate it unless i had the license plate number, which I didnt since the car was moving away from the truck. He also said that having a motorcycle in my neighborhood isn't a great idea. I don't live in the best neighborhood, but thus far I havent had any issues with my car or house.​Once i get the damaged fixed I'm seriously considering selling the bike. It breaks my heart, I've been wanting to ride this bike since I was 13, and now that I finally can i just feel like it's going to be one headache after another. I fucking love this bike. I love the dry clutch, the heel-toe shifter, the god damn look of the bike, the riding position, and transverse Vee! It's an amazing bike, it's not perfect, it's Italian.To say that the cost of repairs isn't an issue would be a lie, but it's not just the cost, it's the stress of it being parked out front. Worried that something will happen to it. Then when something does, the frustration of getting it fixed.(Harper's moto has the lights for 53 a piece. spark plug and cap for 35. the plates are 10ish)​​ via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/b3enxp/motorcycle_in_the_city_advicerant/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment