Saturday 23 February 2019

I gave up riding today


Through much deliberation and long periods of gazing sorrowfully at my CBR, I made a firm decision to never sit on a bike again. Last season was my fourth and final. I realized that my love for riding had turned into a cheap, dangerous thrill. Consistently hitting near top speeds, weaving through morning traffic like Tom Cruise, and through it all, not feeling a tinge of the fear I once carried with me, became the norm. It’s a slippery slope that would inevitably introduce to me to pavement at 100mph+. The joy of riding also faded over time. The giddiness I felt from my very first ride had diminished into the same dull monotony of a cager commute.But the real tipping point came when through my squid-like antics, I ended up 6 inches from hitting a highway median after trying to pass a car on a curved section of the road. That was it for me. I was probably never meant to ride and you guys should take note. If ever you feel these types of habits and behaviors creeping up on you, reevaluate yourselves and think about why it is that you ride. The risk you take every time you throw it into first should be overwhelmed by your why. But most importantly, always dial it back and let your brain lead the way, not your ego.Wish you all the best. Shiny side up ya’ll. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/atxksd/i_gave_up_riding_today/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment