Wednesday 19 December 2018

Recommendations and resources for fibreglassing/rattlecan paint jobs


Hey guys - https://imgur.com/gallery/gBwUaCi​I'm getting bike prepped for some trackdays early in the New Year, doing the usual maintenance, quickshifter, suspension - a bit of TLC and a couple of upgrades. I had a fall at T4 Phillip Island (slow right hand corner) and have some fairing damage on the side and rear fairing. I also have a torn bellypan from a trailering incident.​Part of me says to take it to a shop, they can repair, and give me a nice repaint (interested in a new color scheme). Another part of me says "This is a trackbike, get it to scrutineering level, do a sound enough DIY repair and paint job, spend the cash on tracktime so you're not so slow. You might drop it again first lap for all you know"​So I am interested if anyone has any good resources or videos about both fibreglass repair, paint prep and painting. I've found a few, but they are very exhaustive - probably aiming more at replicating a high quality stock paint job, which I think is probably too much.​So - tips/advice/resources. Its a K8 GSXR750 btw, and they are Racer's Edge fairing.​​ via /r/Trackdays https://www.reddit.com/r/Trackdays/comments/a7kyec/recommendations_and_resources_for/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment