Tuesday 18 December 2018

Bought My Dream Bike, A Ducati: But It's Been A Complete Nightmare.


So, I finally purchased a Ducati, something I've dreamed of owning for quite some time now. I'm a graduate student who saved up quite a bit during my summers and finally made the purchase a couple months back from my local Ducati Westlake dealership.All went fine and dandy at first. The bike had 10,000 miles so I got a bit of a deal on it, or so I thought. I bought the Ducati Red extended warranty on top of the purchase price for $750. I saw good reviews on it from forum members so I figured why not. In any case, I bought the bike, took it home with an extended warranty, and was content, or so I thought.A month later I call the Ducati dealership about a weird issue I was having, just an engine noise. Well during the call they tell me the bike hasn't had a valve clearance check yet... this is when things started getting bad. I had been told by the manager of the dealership, during the buying process, that the valve check was done at 7500 miles, which is the scheduled time.So, being the bike is a 2017, the factory warranty is not only void, but so is the Ducati Red Extended warranty I purchased, since the major service was never completed, and passed due by 3000 miles or so. So the Ducati dealership sold me a warranty that isn't even viable with my bike since my bike is void of any engine warranty work due to no major maintenance being completed on time.Here's the kicker, I contact Ducati Red for a full warranty refund and they tell me I get a full refund on the warranty. I think, 'great, that was easy.' They also tell me that the Westlake Ducati dealership must give corporate the cash before giving it to me.Here's the crazy part. The dealerships shuts down permenantly and doesn't send corporate the cash refund to give me.And then it gets crazier... corporate refuses to help me and recommends I take legal action against the permanently closed Ducati dealership, telling me that corporate has no relationships with any of the dealerships.Basically, I bought my dream bike, and got treated like a piece of crap by corporate. It makes me sad to think that I'll never be emotionally able to buy another Ducati again.My recommendation: tread carefully, and be extremely cautious when buying a Ducati. Corporate is a nightmare with them. I won't risk it again. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/a7iexb/bought_my_dream_bike_a_ducati_but_its_been_a/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment