Thursday 8 November 2018

Lane position questions for my road test


Hi all, I'll be having my second road test with ICBC in British Columbia, Canada. I hope it doesn't snow that day :(I failed my first test because I didn't do enough left shoulder checks. I had no idea I wasn't doing them properly or at all. My tester told me that I hadn't been doing left shoulder checks whenever I changed lane positions. But, he was being really ambiguous when I had asked him for examples of where I failed to perform shoulder checks. I fully accept the test result, but the problem right now is that I still don't know where I failed to perform shoulder checks during the test (was it a case of negligence on my part or were there lane position rules of which I wasn't aware?) I'll try to find more info, but I want to get a few confirmations here on reddit first.So my questions are the following:Should I first aim to be in position 1 or 3 in the dedicated left-turn lane when I am turning into the lane? If I am supposed to go to position 3 first, I assume that I will need to shoulder-check when I go to position 1 to turn left before the intersection? I've linked a picture here to show the kind of lane I am talking about; the picture is at the bottom: https://www.quora.com/Can-you-turn-right-on-a-red-light-in-TexasWhat about that non-90 degrees right-hand turn in the picture? Should I first be in position 1 or 3 once I am in the right-lane? If I am supposed to be in position 1 first, Should I eventually go into position 3 or maintain dominant position 1 when I am actually turning?If there's room to park cars on the side, would the road be considered 2 lanes going one way even if there's no dotted white lines? Would that mean I have to perform shoulder checks and pretend there are 6 lane positions instead of 3?Do I need to observe lane positions in residential roundabouts?Thanks! via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/9v82yi/lane_position_questions_for_my_road_test/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment