Tuesday 16 October 2018

Potential buyer for my bike thinks that my scraped peg means that the bike's been dropped. FML


I've put my bike for sale and there's this guy who came to see it. Everything's going well, the bike's in great condition, until he sees that the right peg is scraped (I lean much more from the right side, probably because I've ridden a lot on a clockwise track). Instantly accuses me of trying to hide a fall. The funny thing is you can easily tell by looking at my tire wear that the bike has been indeed leaned that much and that there is a difference in lean between the two sides of the bike. Wouldn't listen to me so things went south.Has anything like this happened to anybody else? I'm afraid this could happen again since it's a rather small percentage of the riders who would have scraped their bikes to know what that looks like. Is there any way I can prove that this is from leaning and not from a fall?edit: The "rather small percentage of riders" part is not some kind of gatekeeping. It's just that in Greece because of the all year round nice weather a lot of people ride bikes becuase it's simply more practical and not because they are hardcore riders. So you get a lot of people who literally don't know shit about bikes even though they've been riding for years. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/9ometo/potential_buyer_for_my_bike_thinks_that_my/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment