Tuesday 16 October 2018

Biker Clothing as a professional office person :-)


Many moons ago I used to commute on my GSXR1100k in full leathers and upon getting to work opened my bag to get changed into business casual attire - shirt and jeans.Got undressed in the toilets put on shirt - removed back protector, leathers and stood in my shirt and underwear lifting my jeans up to discover had picked up my wifes size 6 jeans which would no way fit.Not so bad on a usual day but had a board meeting so had to walk in in full leathers and boots, with shirt and tie on and really sweat in front of the board...Now I ride a Harley Sportster and would say i err on the casual side of protective gear. Kevlar jeans, Cloth Jacket (kevlar and padds) and RST trainer boots. Open face Helmet in summer and full face in rain/winterHave been through my power ranger stage (one piece leathers) - too hot and sweaty and rubbish in the office My Commuter stage - everything fabric/kevlar but annoying having to get changed all the time when i get to work.Each time reducing the amount of gear i have to carry into the office to get changed/store/drip dry on the carpet.Now I work in my motorbike gear in the office as it passes for smart casual.Would describe my motorbike style as "Urban(ish)"Who here rides to work and how do you cope with your "superman" in the toilets? via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/9omlyh/biker_clothing_as_a_professional_office_person/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment