Saturday 15 September 2018

I just need to vent about Harley Davidson


I bought my used Iron 883 about 5 weeks ago with 8k miles on it from a Harley dealership. Everything was fine for about a week until my battery died. I was assured the day I received my bike that everything was tested and working fine. I drove to Harley in my car and told them my bike was stranded at my house because I tried to jumpstart my bike and it would not stay on. It would idle for about 30 seconds then shut off. They wanted to charge me $50 to go pickup my bike. I argued with them and eventually got them to pick up my bike for free.I got a call the next day that my bike was ready and they checked everything, they said there were no codes stored, and they figured it was just a bad battery and replaced it under warranty. Everyday I had the bike I could tell the battery was getting weaker and weaker until it eventually died about a week later again.I charged the battery overnight and drove it up the next day back to Harley, they told me I was probably leaving the key on accessory mode which I know for a fact I was not. They suggest that I ride my bike for about 45 minutes every other day to get the bike back to full charge every now and then. I knew they didn’t want to service my bike again so I gave up and did as they said. The next day I drove my bike around for 1 1/2 hours and as soon as I turned off the bike I tried to start it again and the battery was completely dead not even a click.I charged the battery and took it back the next day. I told them to check everything again. They called me a couple days later and told me everything was fine and they couldn’t find a problem and again there were no codes which I know was a lie because I CAN SEE THE CODES ON THE SPEEDOMETER THROUGH THE DIAGNOSTICS MENU! At this point I had been reading up about charging issues and felt I knew a fair amount of what COULD be happening. I specifically told them to check the regulator and they told me they would call me back the same day to discuss the problem if there is one.I got a call today and they told me they tested the stator and it tested good. Then they tested the regulator and it tested bad. It took me about 3 trips and for me to tell them what to test on my bike in order for them to find out what was wrong. Not only were they lying about testing everything on the bike when I brought it in, but I literally had to tell them how to do their jobs. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/9g5ntt/i_just_need_to_vent_about_harley_davidson/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment