
Been riding for 30 years, but today I'm done riding on roads.This morning, while waiting at a red light, I got rear ended by a teenage girl. Just as I was checking my rear view mirror, it was too late, all I saw was her head buried in the phone. Fell off, no harm. This is the second time this has happened this month....I bought my first bike when I was 19 and have been riding since. Over the years, I've witnessed a huge decrease of driving skills on the road. It's not just the phones, but idiots that simply do not grasp the fundamental of physics when you drive a huge SUV/Truck. It also the no fucks given attitude by some of these drivers.As a small business owner, I simply can't afford to get hurt. Besides shitty healthcare system ($2K/month with $6k deductible), if I wanted to have income insurance, it would cost me $4K/month. On top of that, I would have to lay off employees, which obviously would turn their world upside down. It would not be fair to them.So weighing the risk/reward, it's just not worth it anymore. I will still keep a trail bike to putz around far away from the general public, but as far as road riding, i'm sad to say that I'm done.As always, stay safe and vigilant, because THEY are out there to kill you. Thanks for allowing me to vent. via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/9j424z/hanging_my_road_helmet_rant/?utm_source=ifttt
No comments:
Post a Comment