
Let me start off saying, I love riding. I ride about 6 days a week commuting into work, fun jaunts on the weekend, etc. I live in California so this is all year round riding as well. It’s a stress reliever, the only time of day I’m not addicted to my phone and makes me feel alive.I ride within my limits and despite that have been hit 2x by a car pulling a U-turn in front of me. Both were relatively low speed incidents that happened 3 years ago, although one let me with a concussion. (I’m ATGATT)Ok, so with that precursor...as the dad of a toddler who is everything in the world to me, and the sole income provider in our family, it’s something that weighs on me - am I being incredibly irresponsible to them?I don’t want to give up riding. Nor do I have the opportunity to save it only for off-roading on the weekend (too far and would take away from wife and kiddo)......but as safe as I can be, there’s a looming threat of some idiot driver taking me out, and until I had a kid, it’s not something that factored in for me. Not nearly as much at least.Has anyone else grappled with this? What have you done? via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/9j2y42/am_i_being_irresponsible_as_a_parent_bringing_in/?utm_source=ifttt
No comments:
Post a Comment