Thursday 30 August 2018

Are Dealers the ones killing the motorcycle industry? RANT


I've only purchased used bikes since my first one in 2006, a 78 CB550F, then a CB77 few years back. I'm now looking to update to a new bike since working on these old bike has become more of a chore, than fun. It also doesn't help that I live in an urban city.Unfortunately, dealership, after dealership I talk to inflates the price of these new motorcycles, and I've lost interest on buying NEW. 25-35% of tax, and mostly BS fees are just unacceptable. You already lose 10% of the MSRP when you drive off, then another 10% by the end of the year. So you just lose about 50% of the actual $ you paid for the new bike on the first year of so?!Tell me I'm wrong, and convince me these dealers are doing it right. But for now, I'll look for brand spanking used bike.Sample from NJ dealer: without state tax. There is inbound shipping charge of $495.00 After the crate gets here we assemble for $295.00 There is a document processing fee of $125.00 Your Title and Registration fees are $155.00 via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/9bkgg5/are_dealers_the_ones_killing_the_motorcycle/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment