Monday 23 July 2018

Need some help: R6 brake system swap for K4 GSXR 600


Hey guys,I could use some guidance on a common mod I've heard about for the 04/05 GSXR 600s. The stock brakes, especially the MC, leave a lot to be desired and the lever feel and amount of travel required to get the bike slowed down really saps my confidence under braking.I'm heard good things about the 06+ R6 brake system swap, but I'm hearing conflicting reports about what rotor sizes are needed - some say 310 and some say 320mm to swap to the R6 system. The front system I have lined up is off of an '07 R6, if that makes any difference.My questions are:Does anyone know of a source for 310/320mm rotors that will fit on a stock K4 GSXR 600 wheel?Does anyone know what part of the R6 calipers, exactly, needs to have 5mm milled off if I want to run the stock 300mm rotors?Thanks in advance. via /r/Trackdays https://www.reddit.com/r/Trackdays/comments/91cu1k/need_some_help_r6_brake_system_swap_for_k4_gsxr/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment