Tuesday 12 June 2018

Help! Stalling, hesitation, and headaches. 2012 Ninja 250R.


Hey, all! I'm a new rider and motorcycle owner, so please bear with me. I have been going through hell with my bike. I have two Ninjas -- a 2012 250 and 2013 650 -- my little 250 is giving me hell and I need help!So recently we did some work on my girl because she was chugging and just not running smoothly. Before the repairs, I had issues with it stalling occasionally when stopping for lights, etc, but I would just throw on the choke so I wouldn't stall out completely. I changed out spark plugs, did a carb rebuild, replaced a vacuum for the carb, and basic maintenance, but now the bike is completely stalling when you even slightly roll on the throttle unless it's running at around 2.5k to 3k rpm. What could be causing this? Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?Also, a couple days ago, I tried to adjust the throttle because it was idling low but then it shot up to 4k rpm and I just shut it down so I didn't damage the engine. I went to adjust it and the throttle adjustment knob was just stuck in place. I got frustrated and walked away, but came back the next day to turn it on and see that it dropped down and was idling around 1.3k rpm but was just stalling every time I hit the throttle. I'm assuming I should lube up or even replace the adjustment cable?I would like to ride my 250 as I'm not completely comfortable on the 650 yet and get some mileage in, but I am stumped and a but frustrated. Any help would be so, so, so appreciated! via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/8qj9fs/help_stalling_hesitation_and_headaches_2012_ninja/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment