Friday 18 May 2018

Should I be having to adjust shock compression in addition to pre-load to set sag?


Did some research and have been watching those Dave Moss videos...But still a little unclear about adjusting compression...Going by what Moss recommended in one of the videos... I'm trying to get 35-40mm sag in front and 30-35mm in rear. But this may have been for 'street' riding...not track. I was able to get my front at 37mm but the preload is maxed out and I had to adjust compression a bit to get it there.I'm 155Lbs and my bike is an 03 R6Correct me if I'm wrong...But this is my understanding thus far... Pre-load adjustment : adjust static sag and fork travel distance Compression adjustment : assists the spring and ultimately set the stiffness of the shock Dampening adjustment : sets the speed of the shock compressing.What I 'assume' I'm trying to achieve here is.... a correct sag setting for my weight and a smooth but stiff shock recoil. Stiffer than what I would want for regular street riding. via /r/Trackdays https://www.reddit.com/r/Trackdays/comments/8kf1l6/should_i_be_having_to_adjust_shock_compression_in/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment