Sunday 13 May 2018

Bought a new motorcycle(Yamaha FJ-09) Warning: Wall of Text


Rambling alertI've been riding around for the past 4 years on my CBR250r and finally was able to upgrade. Went to a dealership to look at another bike and they had just sold it an hour before I got there. I was talking to the salesperson about the 2018 MT07 and about how he would be able to get one for me for Costco member price (few hundred under MSRP.) He mentioned that He wasn't sure if he wanted to get an MT07 or a MT09 for his next bike because he likes them both and mentioned that he's taken their FJ out a couple of times. I ask if I could take the FJ out for a test ride and 15 seconds of paperwork later he's wheeling the FJ outside.I honestly wasn't too interested in getting it because it was a bit out of my price range (was looking to get something under 9k out the door) and it was priced $9.5k otd. Anyways, he starts it up and it has a beautiful sounding triple engine. He tells me to be careful because it has a lot of torque and 1st doesn't need any throttle to take off with. So I take off as directed and immediately I notice how smooth it rides. No big vibrations and throttle response is awesome. I get it on the road to the freeway and give it some gas.Long story short, the ride was amazing. I felt one with the bike, it did everything I wanted it to and did it well. I got back to the dealer and went to talk numbers. He said they can't budge because it's already low enough they were not making any money on it. I had lowballed him and he changed subject back to the MT07. After we were done talking about the MT07 we part ways, when he was at the FJ to put it back inside I holler at him that if he wanted to sell it, to let me know. I did it as a joke because I had lowballed him pretty hard (said 8.5k otd is the most I can do and he was saying 9.5k otd is the best they could do.) The rest of the day I couldn't stop thinking about it. I was doing my best to convince myself that I could be happy with a different bike.The next day I head to work and I still can't stop thinking about it. Around noon I get an email and a phone call from the salesman saying that he bugged his boss on the bike and he had agreed to $8990 otd. I've never almost drop my phone from excitement. I left work early to go sign papers. I get to the dealership and can't take it home that day because someone ran over the communications box and power pole down the road and they had just gotten power back on. I fill out the paperwork and go home. I had to wait 2 days before I was off work to go pick it up.When I finally pick it up I hop on the FJ and head over to show my dad what I had gotten and got caught in a pretty good downpour and got absolutely soaked. My parent's house is all sunshine so I dry off a bit. My dad absolutely loves it and was amazed at the good deal I got. I go head home and go through the same rain that I went through earlier but it didn't pour like it did previously, but still got soaked again. Made it home and dried off. I love my FZ09. Every time I look at it I feel like I'm 6 and it's Christmas. It's my favorite possession.TLDR: I love my FZ-09!!Here is a couple pictures of my awesome bike. https://imgur.com/a/vsO8tEXHere is a video of me in the rain. Starts raining hard around 1 min in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUx1sIRqbBQ via /r/motorcycles https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/8j4a39/bought_a_new_motorcycleyamaha_fj09_warning_wall/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment