Wednesday, 26 September 2018
Jack Miller: "We need a filter system"
Google translation:In Misano Christophe Ponsson, who stepped in for the injured Tito Rabat at Avintia, caused a lot of discussion. Especially Jack Miller and Cal Crutchlow went down hard with the Frenchman who competed in the Spanish Superbike Championship after being nearly six seconds behind in the Friday practice."I will not say now, 'I did not say that he should drive or not' and I was not the only one. The guy was there and paid for the job, "Miller said before the race in Aragon two weeks later. "I think for him and for the championship it looks unprofessional when you come to a race and I crash and I still can lap him. On a rather long track like Misano, he was surpassed almost twice. My concern is not only Misano, but also faster routes such as Phillip Iceland, where the lap time is closer to 1:20 min. It's so much easier to be outclassed than in Misano. "Ponsson has presented a security risk, stressed the Australian. «It was seen in the first free practice that many drivers almost collided with him. I think Cal and I have been highlighted, but I also believe that everyone else more or less shared our opinion. I'm quite in favor of giving someone a chance, but I think he has to have more world-class experience than just gafehren in the Spanish Superbike Championship. I do not think he ever had a podium finish in a championship class. "If a rider wants to compete in a MotoGP weekend as a freshman, then it has to be someone with experience, Miller explained. "I'm not saying you had to drive a MotoGP bike, but it would help. I think we need a kind of filter system. Just imagine selling the rights to the highest bidder, and a guy from the Qatar championship or someone with a lot of money coming in and someone gets hurt? ""Okay, they can not make it to the cut-off, but still ... there's free practice that counts lap times, so it's like qualifying. You go on the track and run on the traffic. You do not know where to brake, which line to drive, "he continued. "We work so hard on safety and only then to have someone who - I do not mean to say - is dangerous because he avoided the race - but we need a filtration system."However, Miller does not understand why only he and Cal Crutchlow were called critics of the Ponsson mission because the safety commission also expressed concern over the Frenchman's intervention. "Maybe we made a joke when we all talked about it, so they remembered us. The Security Commission should be a closed commission, and what happens behind closed doors should stay there. Obviously, someone - and I do not want to point my finger at someone - has passed it on to the team. Probably it was one of the other pilots who pulled Cal and me for no reason in the dirt."We look like the bastards now, because we're the only ones who speak out of common sense. I understand that everyone in MotoGP wants to drive: I came straight from the Moto3 category, but I did the tests and everything before. "On the issue of lack of suitable substitute drivers, which Ponsson had cited as a defense for his deployment in Misano, Miller said: "I do not think that's a problem. I think there are a lot of guys out there who have enough experience to come back, like Baz. It's hard to get back in because the level is so high right now, but I think KTM, for example, had some problems because two drivers were injured. I think the Avintia guys did not really care so much about the rider and the potential, but that it was more .... other reasons, including the money. "Miller saw the commitment of Jordi Torres to replace Tito Rabat in Aragón. "Yes, there are many other types out there. We have Torres back, who was the race winner in the Moto2 class and was on the podium in the World Superbike Championship. I think he's a pretty strong driver and I'm sure he will not pay for his job. "
Submitted September 26, 2018 at 06:43PM by Pistonshaft https://www.reddit.com/r/motogp/comments/9j4qjk/jack_miller_we_need_a_filter_system/?utm_source=ifttt
Labels:
bikes,
motogp,
motogp2018,
reddit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment