Wednesday, 26 September 2018
Franco Morbidelli: «We should forgive more
Google translate:For Franco Morbidelli, his first season in the MotoGP class has been a rollercoaster ride so far. The Honda driver finished ninth in his fourth race at Jerez. In the following three Grands Prix, he was no longer in the top 10 and only ranked 15 in Mugello. In Assen, "Frankie" could not even start after a crash in qualifying on Saturday and had to also stop at the Sachsenring.In the comeback in Brno Morbidelli landed on rank 13, at the Red Bull Ring he had to cope with 19 his worst result of the season. After finishing in 12th place in Misano, Aragón continued to climb up despite penalties on the grid and finished eleventh.Prior to the Grand Prix at MotorLand Aragón, the Italian was a bit skeptical of how quickly he could get used to the track, especially after fellow-brand Cal Crutchlow had described the Honda as the physically most strenuous bike."It's a track I really liked in the Moto2 World Championship and where I was able to fight for the podium from the first year. The most important thing is to adapt quickly to the MotoGP driving style », the Italian explained and was even happier afterwards about the good result."I did a good job, which shows how well the team worked on the weekend," said the 24-year-old. "Unfortunately, I started in 19th place due to the penalty, but was able to regain a lot of positions and was very happy to finish in 11th place to reach. I could not have done that without the support of my team. "Next up are four overseas races that demand everything from the teams and drivers. "I'm curious about that. Normally the overseas races are towards the end of the championship and with them the real fights begin ", he explained. "This year, it's a bit different for me. I feel it. It's a bit more relaxed and I'm curious how it works. I do not think that's going to change that much, but I'm curious. "Of course, Morbidelli also commented on the subject of Romano Fenati, his action in Misano and the harsh punishment of his Italian compatriot. But he was particularly surprised by the violent reaction in the media. "Yes, I think he did something bad, we all do. But I also think that many people have said many bad things about him. He was in a weak position and everyone began attacking him and throwing stones at them. "That made him a little sad, Morbidelli admitted. "I felt sorry for him. I hope he gets a place in a team next year. We should just rely on punishment by the Dorna being appropriate. We should not listen to what all sorts of people say, who are influenced by who knows what. The human instinct is to kill someone instead of helping him when he did something bad - and he did. I think we should forgive more. Many people were very mean.
Submitted September 26, 2018 at 06:42PM by Pistonshaft https://www.reddit.com/r/motogp/comments/9j4qa4/franco_morbidelli_we_should_forgive_more/?utm_source=ifttt
Labels:
bikes,
motogp,
motogp2018,
reddit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment