Saturday 21 July 2018

New vs Old


I've been wanting a cafe racer bike for years. i learned to ride on a kick start only 76 Yamaha RD400. That said, a motorcycle mechanic friend of mine constantly encourages me to stay away from old bikes and find something newer to build, and to avoid Triumph/Moto Guzzi (which honestly are crazy expensive to begin with). I've looked at so many I've began to forget which ones I've seen.That said, are older, good condition bikes really that bad? RDs CBs KTs etc? There is a certain charm of the older bikes, and decent onces for a 200-400 can be had for good price in my area. Or are modern bikes worth looking into? I know Yamaha recent released their 400 thumper, suzuki has the TU250, and Cleveland Cyclewerks has the Misfit and Ace.I'm more than capable of building, but my last bike was a 91 Suzuki GSF400 and it was an absolute nightmare to find parts for and never wanted to work right. So easier to work on and find parts is a plus.Thanks in advance. via /r/CafeRacers https://www.reddit.com/r/CafeRacers/comments/90vgk4/new_vs_old/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment