Friday 29 June 2018

Pre-Rattle Can Job Advice


I'm prepping to get started on a rattle can job in my garage and wondering if anybody has any advice for me. I've never done it before and there's surprisingly not much information about it online, but I'm basically planning to hang plastic sheets to avoid contamination and then hang the parts on metal line from the beams in the ceiling.I'm having custom 1k color and primer mixed at my local NAPA body shop and I'll be using Spraymax 2k clear for the clear coat. I've got 220, 400, 800, and 1000 grit wet sand/dry sand sandpaper, a scuff pad, and a good face mask. And, I'll be using a hand buffer to buff although I'm not 100 percent sure what type of buffer pad to use. It's pretty hot out and humid here, so I'll be waiting for a cooler dry day.Do I need to setup fans in my work area to bring fresh air into the plastic zone? Maybe a dehumidifier? Is 220 gonna be gritty enough to strip? Should I use minerals or paint thinner at all? I'll also be using bondo to fill a small dent in the tank. I'd love to get this right on the first try, so I was hoping to get some advice from ya'll with experience! via /r/CafeRacers https://www.reddit.com/r/CafeRacers/comments/8uwvgm/prerattle_can_job_advice/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment